One quick thing before we start:
1. I’m workin a gig on Thursdays, which means I’m out all day. I will answer you guys’ comments when I get in front of a computer in the evening.
So I’ve been seeing a lot of the “21 Questions” business float across my Twitter timeline. They’re mostly random and I think they’re fun. So that’s what we’re doing today. It’s easy, breezy and I personally think it’ll help us get to know each other better. AND it might bring some people out of lurking so I can say hi! Oh, I’ll answer them too. I suppose it’s only right..
1. Alarm goes off at 7:30am, what do you do?
Wonder what day it is, and WHY the alarm is going off. (I never set an alarm)
2. What’s a favorite childhood memory?
Jumpin on the bed to Levert’s “Casanova” and eating mangoes on the lawn in Jamaica.
3. Favorite childhood cartoon? Do you watch cartoons as an adult?
4. How did you find my blog? was it through someone else’s or because of Twitter? Do you have a blog? If yes, what’s it about and what’s the website? If no, what would it be about if you made one?
umm.. you’re on my blog. So, “HI!” and welcome. Also, I wanted to create a new blog about my frugal shopping. I find the weirdest deals!
5. Do you currently do what you’re good at? Or what you’re passionate about?
Both. I’m passionate about writing although not so much when I have a deadline. And I’m better at writing (and imitating accents) than anything else I do.
6. What’s an idiosyncrasy other people might find strange?
I’ll only lotion my feet, but not my legs. I’ve been better about this since I came back from DC, but there used to be a SERIOUS line of demarcation when the lotion ended and the ash began. I also cannot go to bed if there’s lotion/deodorant on me.
7. What’s a habit you think no one else has?
Only writing with one type of pen. I buy them in packs so I never run out.
8. Among those who know you, what are you known for? What’s become your trademark?
Being smart and silly. Also, my reactions to certain things are bigger than life. I try to make people smile. I also handwrite everything (except this blog)
9. Do you prefer the country or the city? The beach or the mountains?
The country, but it’s gotta be close to the city. and I prefer the beach. It gets chilly up in the mountains mayne!
10. What song INSTANTLY makes you smile? Whether with a memory or just because it’s THAT good?
“Everybody Wants to Rule the World”- Tears for Fears. It was hard narrowing this down because I have a lot of songs. But I INSTANTLY smile when I hear this song.
11. The best Christmas present you’ve ever received?
Wireless headphones from my boyfriend, circa 1999.
12. What/who has been your biggest influence thus far?
Mr Fass and Coach Whitten. History teachers in high school. They opened up my eyes to a love of European culture. And Professor Santiesteban, college English/Creative Writing teacher. She made me believe I could write.
13. What is your best/biggest accomplishment so far?
The day I purchased this blog name. And the day I fixed the brakes on my car.
14. What’s something you want to change?
The amount of times I don’t get out of the house. And my body shape. I’m working on both of these.
15. What’s a book that has inspired you?
The Bad Place- Dean Koontz. The Left Behind Series. Also, Portrait in Sepia- Isabel Allende. It was the first time I picked up on the beauty that is literature written by someone with english as a 2nd language. It’s difficult to explain. Also, my literature book from 3rd grade. Yes, I still have it.
16. Favorite childhood movie? Favorite movie as an adult? And yes, you can give me more than one genre.
The Neverending Story and Flight of the Navigator. 500 Days of Summer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (great script, perfectly filmed) Stranger Than Fiction (another great script) and Love Actually.
Honorable Mention: Inception!! And Monsoon Wedding.
17. Do you think marriage is an antiquated concept?
No, I think people willing to put in the work is getting harder and harder to find.
18. What’s your life’s motto? What words or principle do you live by?
“If I don’t believe it, who else will?” The principle I live by: “Question everything.” (It’s what I do)
19. What is something that’s become a “saying” of yours?
“I ain’t got that kinda time” and “cheese and bread!” I might also add “and dumplin” for extra “umph.”
20. Do you have a “theme song?”
King of Anything- Sara Bareilles. and “Pretty Please, Love Me”- Estelle ft. Cee-Lo. They both speak to me on a certain level. I’m sure I can think of something better, but right now I can’t.
21. What would you want on your tombstone?
I just tried to do the best I can with what it is I have.
It’s your turn.. Have fun!!
Peace and Love, Nick
Have a great weekend, see you on Tuesday.. besos y abrasos.